Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm still here...and the bun is still in the oven.

{ fav maternity pic that our besti's gifted us on a beautiful canvas for the shower! }
{ is it ridiculous that we JUST got a headboard?...I feel like a real adult }
{ putting the feet up...that's a 37.5 week belly there!!! }
{ a good hair day...ha }
{ a good manicure with OPI's 'Ski Teal We Drop' }
{ our beautiful kitty Pepper perched atop the tie dyed onesies from the shower }
{ a favorite sleeveless, footed onesie complete with planets, stars & space ships }
{ time spent by the pool...that's my belly...not a giant boob }

So folks, that's what's been going on for me! Off work for the babes, which I might add is lovely. Don't miss work one bit, although I miss my co workers like mad :-(
We've got the car cleaned out & detailed, ready for our chubby little bundle o'love. Stroller put together & test driven down the hall. Car seat base in car...although I do need to pack a bag for the hospital!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda a biggie, no?!
New on the preggo/baby front....
I get heart burn like it's going out of style. No gracias.
My feel & ankles swell up if I'm on them for too long...cankle mania is what we're calling it.
To turn from one side to the other/get up in the night to go pee is quite a doozie & I'm sure when watched by others mildly amusing considering the level of effort involved in all movements.
My doc thinks I've got a big baby in there...she guestimated around 8 lb's already (how do they really know I must wonder)...given that I want a natural childbirth (no induction, drugs or c section), I'm just hoping that he doesn't get so big I can't get him out of there naturally....is that something I should actually be concerned about?!
Other than his size (which I should add is not ab-normal, he's perfectly healthy, as am I, thank goodness), everything else is good :-) Minus cankle mania of course!!

:: peace & love ::

** hopefully sooner than later I will be posting pics of our 8 lb's of love!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, Good luck with the birth of your first born. My friend gave birth to a 8 lb baby girl in May (completely naturally) so it's very very possible. I can't wait to see photos of him. Love to you, Wes and baby Sterling.

Mara

Caitlin said...

Just to assure you, you can have him naturally if he's a big guy...Riley was 8 lbs 11 oz and I did it totally natural! :)

Simply Bubblelicious said...

I was wondering if the new arrival had shown up yet? Hang in there! Very exciting....

Katie said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words!! Reassurance that I can do this is so helpful! Especially when I'm starting to get so uncomfortable. :-)