Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Heart Albolene


The other day my girlfriends and I were chatting about what kind of products we use and what kind of makeup (you know...the reg) and we were all in agreement that none of us uses "cheap" beauty products on our skin...in my case this means Osea Skin Care, Bare Minerals Foundation, Benefit, Dior, Stila etc...basically from Sephora. Later that night I was doing my whole "getting ready for bed" routine and as I was swiping my cotton ball of Albolene across my face I realized...I do use @ least one drug store beauty product!!! Albolene is marketed as a "no soap and water" cleanser. However since I was about 15 I have been using it as a makeup remover before cleansing. In its container it looks like a petroleum jelly (or vaseline) but on contact with the skin in becomes smoother and more 'liquidy' expertly removing foundation and even the most difficult of mascara (because of it's petroleum texture). I use this every night and am almost out at the moment. If you have sensitive skin you will love this--it is like Cetephil in the sense that it is extremely mild, has no fragrance and no irritants (origeonal version). If you have oily skin or are prone to break outs, don't be detered because it is oily looking or feeling. This is very light (not exactly like a 'cloud') but none the less light and gentle. I do have (especially at the moment) slightly problem skin and this has never clogged my pores or irritated my skin. Give the drug store a try, it's good for more than just lotion and nail polish!
Off to Rite Aid...

No comments: