Friday, July 1, 2011

summer product lovin'

{ carry along's }
{ product love }

I thought I would share my favorite products/accessories during these hot summer months. Not to say that I use all of these every single day; or that I don't use other products that aren't here. These are front runners for me right now--here it goes,

Fedora--mine is soft sea grass, bendable & comfy so you can lay down in it (just bend the back down), or stuff it in your beach bag. From Gap over a year ago.
Scarf--for the new favorite Turban. Escape doing your hair, having the sun bleach out your strategically placed 'melting', and generally rock a pretty fun look.
Sunnies--my shades of choice are from Ray Ban. I have their 80's way farer, a slightly smaller frame that doesn't tilt away from your face. I'm in love with them. Although I must admit am in the market for a tortoise-y cat eye if I find one that pleases me.
Beach Towel--mine is ginatly over-sized, & brightly colored. And why wouldn't it be?!
OPI--nothing better than a fun mani/pedi when you've got your feet in the sand & sun. My favorite this summer is the Pirate's of the Caribbean line, but especially Mermaid Tears & Stranger Tides.
Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray--spray in after the pool to revive the wave....actually mixes well with a little grease, sun-screen & chlorine...haha.
Giant beach bag--mine is large, and covered in sea foam colored stripes. From Gap like 10 years ago!
Products--
Shu Umera Chamomile toner--I keep mine the the refrigerator & spritz my face, neck & decolate after soaking in the sun, or just a long day. It's cool & smells faintly of chamomile tea...so refreshing.
Aveda Hair Veil--(orange spritz bottle) spray in hair after styling, or once air dried. Like a sunscreen for the hair, protects color & scalp from the rays.
Smith's Rosebud Salve--a staple in my bed-side drawer. I sleep with this on my lips every night, but also find it handy for any skin that is chapped or dry.
Aveda Green Science eye cream--a must before bed...but now that I'm getting so much sun, my skin is parched by the end of the day & drinks this up the minute it hits my face.
Aveda Tinted Moisturizer--I love this for weekends and days off. Just the smallest hint of coverage, creamy texture that soaks into sun drenched skin & spf 15.
Aveda--beautifying composition. This is a MIRACLE product. I put it in my hair if it feels dry. Sleep with it in my hair if I know I'm washing it the next day (like a lot of it....at least a quarter sized massaged into palms then worked from scalp to ends)...also use it as a body moisturizer. It leaves a faint sheen on the skin (not greasy), smells of lavender & makes skin feel like butter.
Fresh Fig Apricot perfume--sweet & nostalgic...perfect for summer.
Aveda--Exfoliant. Perfectly refreshing for the skin. A liquid exfoliator that uses salicylic instead of abrasive grainy beads that are harsh on the skin. I use this every morning before I do anything else to my face. It's a life saver.
Aveda Caribbean therapy flower water--since dis-continued (oh aveda), again I keep this in the refrigerator & spritz my hair & body down with it when I come in out of the sun. I hate that hot, sticky, parched skin feeling you get from the sun, salt & chlorine. This & the chamomile toner re hydrate skin making it feel soft & supple again.
Clarisonic Mia--use this a few times a week with my cleanser at night. Buffs away dull & dry skin cells, leaving your skin softer and more luminous. yes, please.

So folks...there's always more in the land of products in my bath room....but I'll spare you all the details of my over obsessive product love. I like summer to feel easy, breezy, refreshing & hydrating. Not always easy when sun, surf, chlorine & sun screen have anything to do with it.

No comments: