Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Beauty Buys!

Today was beautiful here on the Central Coast, about 70 degrees, a slight breeze and sunny!!! Danielle and I went and saw Bride Wars (which was hilarious, sweet and touching)...I thought it would just be a sweet movie, but it really made me think of the good friends I have and the many people I care about and how grateful I am to have all of them in my life : ) After the movie we decided to head into Sephora for some shopping (obviously). I had a gift card of $40 from my very thoughtful cousins, and thought I should put that to good use!! I always have a list of things I want to try and then once I get in there, I forget or change my mind. I walked away with some Fresh Supernova Mascara and Nars Ashes to Ashes Eyeshadow. I have been using DiorShow and DiorShow Blackout for a couple years now, and was hesitant to switch, but Fresh products always seem so appealing to me, their packaging is sort of whimsical and pretty (I'm a total sucker for cute packaging) and their colors are so beautiful. On the encouragement from Danielle I got the Fresh mascara and am excited to try it. I never wear eye shadow...I always buy it, have the best intentions to wear it and once I put it on, I generally feel to "heavy" like I've got too much on...and I'm really not a fan of too much makeup. But, Ashes to Ashes is described as a soft violet brown with shimmer and I think this is the perfect everyday lid color...wish me luck with actually following through on this one!! Hope everyone had a happy weekend!!!

:: peace and love ::

3 comments:

The Loughran's said...

AHHHHHHH you strayed from Dior! Tell me if you like it. I heart my diorshow, I don't think I can ever switch!

Katie said...

Haha...I know, that's exactly what I was thinking...I was super hesitant (we are so funny) but it's such a cute package and danielle has used it and says it makes your lashes super think and glossy looking all while conditioning and keeping them soft....so (sounds good) I put it on when I got home and I liked it, Ill keep you posted! lol : )

Rachel said...

Let us know how the Fresh mascara works! The packaging is too cute.