Monday, January 11, 2010

Resolutions kept....and forgotten

{pic from here}
Last year I came up with a fun list of 'resolutions' that I wanted to adhere to in that new year of 2009........well, 2009 has come and gone and we are on to 2010!!!
I thought I would take a look back at 2009 (which felt about as long as a sneeze)...and see which resolutions from last year made my life more enjoyable (and which ones I simply forgot!!).
Out of that list, I consistently stuck to these ::
I spent lots of wonderful time with our families
I cooked more, and continue to love love cooking, finding and trying new recipes
I worked on getting rid of things in my closet and pondering purchases more to make sure I was building a better closet (soo imp. i know...haha)
Wes and I have def. had more date nights....some of our fav's have been here and here.
I have kept more fresh flowers in the house...also drying a couple bouquets to keep year round....see them here and here.
I have grown some of my own veggies...see here. This is a continued resolution--more on that later.
We did decorate our bedroom to some extent....and we did move into a bigger place....because of that, there is still more decorating to be done!
I would say that's not too shabby in the spirit of keeping to one's resolutions : )
This year has been exceptionally difficult...trying...devestating for Wes, his family and myself. In much different areas it has been wonderful, exciting and new....I hope 2010 brings us new life, new joys, new hopes and new dreams. Our strength and will have been tested, and we have come out the other side with renewed faith in ourselves and in one another. My resolutions for 2010 are ::
Take it one day at a time...life goes by so v. quickly and I want to enjoy every moment of it.
Keep enjoying and doing things that I love--this year I am going to be more selfish, it is the year of ME and of building my family.
Keep moving forward...do something creative everyday.
Be confident in my decisions...don't be scared to jump in head first!
keep building that wardrobe....haha....boots...still need many many pairs of boots..( !! )
Know the truly imp. things in life
Grow MORE veggies...yum yum
experiment and make up my own recipes!
start new things...new ventures
~that's good for now...2010 will be the ever continuing list of positive growth and creative spirit!
Happy new year ( a wee bit late, but none-the-less happy )

:: peace and love ::

1 comment:

Elise said...

love love love this. beautiful!