Tuesday, May 11, 2010

gettin' this booty in shape!!!!!

{ previous year rock to pier run }
My best friend and myself just signed up for our first 10K today!!!
I have been on a bit of a quest to get back in shape for a couple years, my friend told me she was doing a couch to 5k program, I figured I would join in the running with her. First, because I need it. Second, because I actually have always liked running, it's just so dang painful to get back into once you're out of it.
We are almost done with the 5k program, then it's on to training for the 10k !!!!
How it came about....I've been wanting to do a run for a while, once I decided that I was really really enjoying not only spending quality time with such a wonderful friend, but that both of us can motivate each other (she def. inspires me, she has 2 kids under the age of 3, looks amazing and keeps me going even when i don't feel like pushing myself). I proposed the idea of actually running a race, we googled it, and signed up when the date came about.
So here we are...and I couldn't be happier or feel more like myself running again.
Some days are easier than others, but I know I will reach a point where my feet no longer drag and my lungs no longer ache and I can push myself farther, be able to challenge myself!!!
:: peace and love ::

1 comment:

The Loughran's said...

Aww, you're so sweet <3
I can't wait to accomplish this with you by my side. It's going to be amazing!!