Wednesday, December 10, 2008

:: Candy Lips ::

Can I just say how much I'm loving matte red lips right now!? It always feels a bit intimidating, trying to 'pull off' the red lips....not many attempt it, some naturally asume that it would just never look good on them and don't even try. I happen to love it, and I would do it much more often if it weren't for my honey (who is really not a fan....) bummer for me, but I still do when I really want to anyway (sorry doll). There are many great pics of fab. red lips, but I found myself obsessing over these two covers this year. Reese Witherspoon on the cover of the November VOGUE and Kirsten Dunst on the cover of the October BAZAAR. Both have that milky fair skin, light eyes and retro 50's blond hair. I loved how both lip colors used were matte and a bit darker, as apposed to that orange tone so many have. My 2 suggestions for great matte red lips are Nars Velvet Matte Lip Crayon in Dragon Girl, and Aveda-Nourish-Mint Lipstick in Poppy. I have tried both and love both....I love the consistency of Aveda lip products (obviously), but will say that the Nars lip crayon is a bit more convenient to apply.
Lets all try some candy lips : )
Smooch!!

:: peace and love ::

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm going to have to get up some serious courage before I can attempt the red lip. I love it on everyone else, but it makes me so self conscious!